Thursday, October 30, 2003

Wow...I haven't posted since Tuesday. Well, that's OK...You guys don't want to hear about my menial every-day boredom anyway. :)

Tomorrow is party time! But first, tonight I have softball playoffs in Park Ridge...nice weather too. So hooray for that! I hope we play at 6 and have just one game, because I need to go home, buy a pumpkin and carve it (I currently have ONE Halloween decoration, and that is on loan from my mom. :) ) so that my place actually looks like Halloween somehow tomorrow. I also need to clean and reorganize things.

I "learned how to sew" yesterday, which really means in my family that my mom sewed and I watched, and then, because time did not permit my slowness, she sewed the rest of the part of my costume. We did a good job designing this thing, so I should look good. Now I need to buy face paint that hopefully comes off in the shower (without cold cream, or I'll need to buy that too). I'm going to need a lot of it, as I have to cover my face and neck, and I need to find some black stretchy gloves somewhere--K-mart here I come! I guess I should probably get some candy too, because I'm sure there will be kids trick-or-treating and stuff. I'm going to be answering the door a lot...maybe I'll just hang out on the back deck or leave the candy bowl out there for whoever is out there, and they can pass out the candy. Ah well...should be interesting.

I'm happy that folks are coming tomorrow...should be a good turnout, given the three days' notice. Don't forget to bring some snacky foods too, as not many people have said anything about that. Bags of chips, finger food-type stuff, I don't know...just stuff for people to snack on while downing their favorite alcohols. :)

I will tell you all later today about the work developments...I need to explain it, because it's not an EASY thing to explain if you don't know anything about the publishing business...which many of you do, but hey. Plus, I just don't want to type it out while I'm AT work...

Speaking of work...on I go...