Tuesday, October 28, 2003

The uncertainty of Halloween plans amongst my friends and relatives has driven me to stupidly take on a Halloween party to host at my place. I, like many others, have a costume in mind, but of course, I had nowhere to wear it. So, I decided that I'm going to host a shindig and hope that three days notice is enough time to get some people over...I mean, we'll just be hanging out and relaxing, basically. It's just a reason for people who haven't seen my new place to see it and to sit around and have a good time. Of course, one of the mottos I live by--"Come strong or don't come at all"--probably will be horribly violated by this party, given that I have three days to "plan" it...but hey, as long as folks have a good time, I'm cool with that.

Yesterday I planned to stay home and watch the "Monday Night Football" game in the peace and quiet of my home, since one of the teams I cover (Miami) was playing and had a storyline (Brian Griese playing) that I wanted to follow. After Griese went 6-for-6 to start, I got a phone call though and was on the phone for the rest of the game and then some. So I missed the performance. Again, I think I'm the worst sportswriter/fan on the face of the Earth--I watched none of what I hear was a great World Series and I don't watch one of the teams I cover on prime time...thank God for the Associated Press and ESPN though, as I now know Griese kicked ass.

This week/weekend ought to be interesting, as I have no idea what's going on. :) Tonight we have our season finale in Park Ridge softball, and then I have to NOT WATCH "24" because I'm a loyal friend who wants to wait to watch it with Luis tomorrow night--his first chance to watch it. Maybe I'll convince him to watch it tonight...we'll see. Thursday is Park Ridge softball playoffs. Otherwise, madness ensues, I guess. I need to get some black felt material for my costume and stop at my parents' to learn how to sew (which probably will just turn into my mom sewing it, b/c she won't have the patience to teach me or something)...I also have to buy some black face paint and make sure I have the proper outfit for my costume. So we'll see.

Now, I'm going to reheat the chicken and potatoes au gratin I made yesterday for dinner (I'm so "proud" of myself) and lunch today and eat them...off I go. :)