Monday, October 27, 2003

A strange thing happened this morning (by "this morning," I mean Sunday morning)...this is a story about sweat--so if sweat grosses you out, discontinue reading...

I went to bed at 6am, which, with the time change became 5am, after my coworker's wedding and watching a movie with Gina. I slept quite well, as expected. Now, our apartment is a comfortable 67 degrees or so, so I huddled under my comforter in my typical sweats and a t-shirt sleepwear--same thing I do every night...I woke up at 11:30, as planned, but my neck and shoulders were soaked in sweat. Just those areas were sweaty. But I quickly realized that I was, by no means, warm, because the air in my room was, as previously stated, near 67 degrees or so, and my comforter isn't THAT warm. Nor was I having a nightmare (thus waking in a cold sweat)...it's like I just was sweating for no reason.

It was odd...I don't know if maybe my sweat glands were still operating after the wedding, during which I danced and danced and danced, and, as many of you have seen at dances in the past, lost plenty of sweat. I was just baffled, that's all, because it's never happened before. It was strange, I guess...so sue me. :)

Today I worked, of course, and I'm feeling quite tired at this point (12:45ish, Monday morning). Getting five hours of sleep after an evening of dancing at a wedding will do that to you. When I awaken later on Monday, I'll have plenty on my plate...bills to pay, SBC to call to set up my cellphone voice mail, laundry to pick up (our machines are still not hooked up...) at my parents' house and still some cleaning and whatnot to do. Otherwise, ha ha, tomorrow will be another fine resting day. :)