Friday, October 17, 2003

You know what? I like talking.

"No shit!" you say? Well, no...

I mean, yes, there are times when it seems like Andy just likes to hear his own voice and most of what he's saying has little to no relevance or context or anything.

You won't catch me talking politics typically, because I'd be put to shame.

You won't catch me talking religion typically, because that talk baffles me a lot.

You sometimes won't even catch me talking football, because, you know, I do it for work and it gets tiresome sometimes, believe it or not.

I don't flat-out avoid those topics...but I shy away from them sometimes.

But that's not what I'm talking about here.

What I'm talking about is, like, REAL conversation. And I don't mean it has to be deep, thoughtful stuff like what they teach you in school.

I'm talking about talking about shit in general. I'm talking about talking about myself to someone who gives a crap, or at least seems to give a crap, and has something to share in return. Tonight, I had a nice, long conversation about myself and learned a lot about the person on the other end of the line too. There were no time limits--there should have been, but there weren't. Nothing discussed even was Earth-shattering or groundbreaking, really. But you know what? That's OK, and that's necessary sometimes. I talked and listened, talked and listened, and it was great.

There is simply NOTHING in this world for me that beats a good conversation.

I just wanted to share that. Back to your regularly scheduled programs.