Wednesday, October 15, 2003

My Internet was scheduled to come on tomorrow, but I was supposed to have the modem hooked up by now so they can "test" the line or whatever. I have yet to do that...of course, I just received the modem yesterday...let's hope things go well with that.

Did not set up the modem yesterday because I met my friend Gina at Barleycorn on Clark (in Wrigleyville) for the Cubs game. I got out of work at 5 and made my way down there...I parked near her house near Addison and Western and walked the nearly two miles to the bar. I knew I would have to wait in line to get in, and feared it would take a couple hours. I got there at 7:15, right as the game started and waited in line only about 45 minutes to get in. Got in around the 4th inning and found Gina and her friends without a problem. Everyone was in such a great mood...I got caught up in it, which was the point. I told Gina that although I'm a Sox fan, I wanted to be able to tell my grandkids when I was 70 that I was in the vicinity of Wrigley when the Cubs won the pennant. Of course, it looked good until the 8th inning. While everyone else in the bar screamed and yelled and probably cried (though I didn't actually SEE any tears), I just stood there with my jaw to the floor, speechless and stunned. As one of my coworkers said, no team and no fans of a team deserves what happened yesterday in the way it happened.

I felt really, really bad...just about everything...and, I have to say, I'm glad I was a part of it, more or less. It wouldn't have been the same if I was watching at home alone.

On Monday, I took care of some errands...I found a nice little sandwich shop on Milwaukee right near North and Damen. Stopped there for lunch and (what became) dinner. I was gonna get a haircut, but the Hair Cuttery by my house was full of appointments until 5pm. I had plans, so I said forget it. I then walked around a bit on Milwaukee, which is when I found the sandwich shop. In the evening, Gina and I went to have a drink and watch the games, which we didn't even do, really, because we were talking and I had no interest in the football game anyway.

Sunday, of course, I worked. This morning, I was quite perturbed because Kazak got sick...so, running late, I had to try to clean up the mess he made. I'll have to wash the stuff that he messed up tonight now...I don't know why he got sick, as he didn't drag anything down and eat it or get in the garbage...oh well. I'm sure it will pass. I hope.