Wednesday, October 08, 2003

What a good dog Kazak is. No mess, no destruction, nothing. And he was alone a lot longer than I planned, because Butch didn't go home between work and going out. So Kazak had to wait until I got back from softball. He was well-behaved and everything, and this morning, he finally "took care of business" when I walked him. I know most of you could give a crap (pun intended), but this is a big step, really. It shows that maybe he's getting even more comfortable...

I got to work today early for the first time in a long time. I woke up only marginally earlier than I used to in The Brook, but I had to walk Kazak. So I did, and it took me just 25 minutes to get to work because there was no traffic. I was 20 minutes early. I was the second editor here. I felt great about it. :)

My upstairs neighbor stopped by briefly (very briefly, to see what was up with me and Butch yesterday evening), but scared the hell out of me because she knocked on the door. I was like, who the hell is knocking on my door, forgetting that, obviously, it can only be one person--the upstairs neighbor. She seems pretty cool...so that's good...no assholes or bitches upstairs.

Then I ran to my cousin Will's apt., which is sooooo close now and sat and watched the last quarter of the Cubs game, but left after the ninth inning because I needed to get some shopping done. His sister's apartment is even closer. Thankfully, there's a couple 24-hour grocery options in the relative area...I went to the Jewel on Ashland north of Armitage. The whole North Side was dead last night during the game too...it was interesting...lots of blue flickering in windows too, as folks watched the game.

Then, when I got out of the store, I saw all the westbound traffic on Diversey and was glad I lived as far away from Wrigley as I do.

Meanwhile, I feel seriously out of touch with everyone, since I don't have the Internet. It's amazing how addictive it is, really. I just hope my cellphone doesn't become that way for me. I'm concerned it might...I should be able to turn it on this Saturday for the first time, but I may not have time, as I'm moving the rest of my stuff pretty much all day that day.

Ah well, I should get to work...