Tuesday, October 07, 2003

Went to Hawkeye's last night after trying, unsuccessfully, to hook up our "entertainment system"...It turns out, we'll have to manually disconnect and reconnect the PS2 and DVD player, because it goes into the same port or whatever. Unless we can find a splitter for that. We'll see. Butch fought with the rear-speaker stands, threading the wire through the piping, which was a bitch and a half. Then, I asked, wait, shouldn't the longer wires go with those? Yep...He was pissed and had to struggle to get the other wires through now.

Meanwhile, I read the instructions, which said they were in english, but really were bad english if that.

So Luis came by and we went to Hawkeye's for 10-cent wings. There were a bunch of Red Sox fans there, and they went nuts when the Sox-A's game ended. i saw the MNF game, but didn't hear it (the volume was down), so I was a bit lost as to what was going on.

I woke up, unexplained, at 5:30 this morning. I stayed in bed, trying to fall back to sleep. But I couldn't. Then Butch woke up to go to work, around 6. Meanwhile, I had a "panic attack" about the messiness and unpackedness of the apartment...if I'm going to be entertaining folks, I need to clean. So I got up and unpacked all my kitchen stuff and foodstuffs. I installed the paper-towel holder and utensil hooks and filled the cabinets with whatever I had.

Tonight, I have to go grocery shopping and get some things. I also am supposed to have softball, which I'd really LIKE to play, but may not. We shall see. Also, Kazak's first day at the new place alone is now, so I'm wondering if he'll leave me a mess (which I can deal with) or wreck the blinds or doorframe (or door). God I hope not. I hope he's grown up enough by now and can be trusted by himself. It would be nice.

Ah well...not having the Internet at home is tough, but I guess I'm surviving. :) So, back to work I go now...