Wednesday, October 22, 2003

Yesterday we DOMINATED in softball, but it didn't look so good for me at first...my first at bat, I decided to just take pitches until I had to swing. I walked on four straight balls. I was then forced out at third and jammed my left wrist a bit sliding...it's kinda sore today. In my second at bat, I noticed the right fielder was practically playing centerfield. Since hitting to right field is a typical (except when you're mired in a terrible slump) specialty of mine, I took a few pitches, including one strike. Then, I got the perfect pitch and underswung and spun it foul. The next pitch was outside a bit, again, perfect. But I hit this one even worse, and struck out because the ball went foul. I was pissed. The next time up, I grounded out to the second baseman. Meanwhile, my teammates were pounding the crap out of the ball and scoring runs like mad. Finally though, I broke through in my last at bat. I used a bit lighter bat, got a nice meatball outside and lined the ball down the first base line. I legged out a triple as my teammates absolutely went nuts...they have really felt bad for me, because they saw me hitting well and know I'm just struggling...in the words of one teammate, that triple was the best-hit ball of the year for the team, probably. We ended up winning like 23-8, which is huge. Thankfully, I've gotten really comfortable at first base and my fielding has been great. I'm not making errors much anymore, which is good...I do drop an occasional bad throw, but it's nothing unexpected, really. So I'm happy about that...first base in 16-inch softball is NOT easy to play and keep your fingers. :)

I went out to Bolingbrook afterward to get my suits and a couple dress shirts and pants, as well as two laundry baskets worth of clothes...so now I have all of my clothes, minus some of the stuff hanging in the closet that I just don't "need" right now...I also packed up my Internet hub and the wires with it. (yippee, I know)...and a bunch of other stuff. There's isn't all "that much" left, really...I thought I'd left a lot of stuff, but it isn't too bad...maybe six-seven more medium-sized boxes and I should be done. Wow...

Today I'm not sure what's going on really...I dropped off my suit and a t-shirt at the cleaners for my coworker's wedding on Saturday...I need to go and buy a present (more money spent, yay...) for them, and also figure out when Gina and I are leaving Chicago--the wedding's in Merrilville, Ind. I know a bunch of the couples are heading down there early and hanging out at the BW3's (Buffalo Wild Wings) before the reception, which is at 6, and watching college football and just hanging out...but I'm not sure what we'll do yet...we'll see. Not that you guys care all that much anyway... :)

I'm still up in the air on Friday, as to whether or not I have softball playoffs or not...that will kind of determine what I'm doing Friday...if I'm going to see Vodka Moxie headline at Elbo Room or not. So we'll see. :)