Thursday, September 09, 2004

If I go to my grave without having ever tried to make or eat this, I will be sorely disappointed. :)

Last night was the last night...wait, yeah, that's right...of my ballpark work for the season. Now I await my final paychecks and my big bonus check. Woohoo! :)

I've been here nearly two months, and already my computer pisses me off. Then again, I should have expected that. CPUs in the workplace seem to rarely ever work right because they don't hire enough people to take care of them or spend enough money to take care of them. Nevermind that, in this business, the CPU is the lifeblood. Oh well, what do I know, right? :)

The plan, as of now, is for me to board Kazak in The Brook and live with my parents for a little while. My stuff will have to go into storage or something, I guess...I'm paranoid of leaving anything that cannot move (i.e., other than Kazak) in Bolingbrook, particularly after the flood. Even if it only happens once in a blue moon. Plus, it would simply be too much to lug out there and back so frequently.

Tonight, the landlord is coming by to show the apartment, so I have to hang out at the house until he gets there and is done. At least I can relax a little bit, I guess...catch up on my video game playing or something.

And tomorrow I start up fall softball in Forest Park. This league is 14-inch mushball...but the guys can wear gloves too. I don't know if I will do that...it's tough enough to fit a 12-inch softball into a glove, let alone a 14-inch softball. So we'll see...

And Saturday, Gina, me and my dad are going to the NSRA Nationals in Kalamazoo. I've gone before, and it's a lot of fun...at least for me. It's really cool to see all the old vehicles...all the cars and trucks there are pre-1949 models, so you're talkin' really old. Someday my dad will have his 32 Ford up and going...someday...and he'll be driving it there and displaying it with pride, I'm sure. :)

Ah well, that's enough for now.