Friday, September 03, 2004

Phew! The books that were damaged were, as I'd hoped, the box of books from NU that I couldn't sell back to SBX or whatever the hell it was called when we (oops, I mean, you guys) graduated...I wanted to just leave them outside the library, but I guess I never got around to it. Oh well...they're like sponges now. The only other thing that was damaged was two of my grandpa's old speakers, which I'd used for my stereo, but wasn't using nowadays. I need new speakers someday anyway, so this just moves me closer to that.

Seems as though the water got a few inches up in most places in the basement, via my assessment of what got wet and what didn't...but that's just my uninformed assessment. What do I know?

So there's piles and piles of garbage stacked outside Gerard's house now, waiting for ServiceMaster (who ripped up the carpet and cleaned the place) to come and retrieve it. There are about four or five super industrial fans going in the basement to dry everything out.

Also, the high school opened across the street. Looks all right...adds a little "action" to the area...the band was practicing on the football field, which Gerard can see from his front window. He's OK with it so far...the stadium lights brighten the front yard pretty good though. Also, they finished widening his street...it was strange to drive on a now-four-lane road when it used to be two. Just odd, that's all.

Came back and finished the wall, with the exception of a few more nails that I have to drive in there and touch up over. It was already 10:15pm, so I drove one nail to hold it in until I get to it tomorrow, most likely.

Other than that, work is actually busy...but that's good. So I'm going to bed now...