Tuesday, August 24, 2004

I hate the language barrier...or just ignorance in foodservice workers. Today I went to "U Dawg U," a greasy-spoon joint nearby. Never been there before.

I order a 1/4 pound cheeseburger, mozzarella sticks and a medium drink. The lady charges me $10.86. I think nothing of it at first...then, while waiting for my order, I'm like, "wait a minute..." I did not have the receipt, because they don't give them, apparently...so I'm like, OK, let's see what I get.

Turns out, she gave me a DOUBLE cheeseburger, along with the sticks and drink. That explained it. Of course, that was then waaaaaaaaaayyyyy too much food, and I had to throw out half the sticks because I was too full.

This, my friends, is why America is obese...

In other news, we're sending to press today my first real issue with my first story in it! Hooray... :) Next issue, I get the cover story...on the company in Dallas. Double hooray... :)

And the condo search continues...