Monday, August 16, 2004

Well, my little cousin seems to be doing better...his temperature (which had been as high as 107.9 degrees) is finally down far enough to where he's recovering, albeit slowly. So that's good.

This weekend was busy, as usual, and as every weekend always will be, I suppose. Friday, we won in softball, quite handily...17-7. I had some fantastic plays at third base and a couple good hits. Now, supposedly, we are in the playoffs this week. Come see us play! :)

Saturday was crazy. We had to be in four different places...first we visited my parents, because I hadn't seen them in ages. That was bright and early, because then we had to visit a surprise birthday party in the very-early afternoon. Stayed there for a while...then went to Gina's ex-roommate's block party. That was fun too. Then we trekked to Arlington Heights for dessert with another friend of Gina and PolishBasia's...craziness.

No wonder I slept in until noon yesterday...then I got up, did laundry and went to work at the ballpark. I was there until 11:30pm, and that layover made me quite sleepy...I overslept ever so slightly this morning, but still made it to work because traffic, amazingly, was light.

So now I'm at work, and I'm flying solo. Everyone else working for my pub is in Vegas for a convention. How about that? And, we're on deadline for the end of the week. So I'm the top dog, the big cheese, the head honcho, numero uno ranchero...

So yeah...Ghetto Bowl VIII draft/BBQ is this Saturday. For those who care. Kelly, Kathleen and Jimmy, I didn't have your emails handy (because I'm a moron)...please send them to me so's I can invites ya... :) Or someone send them the invitation...please. Yeah...