Monday, August 30, 2004

Funny text of the day...I was looking up a Mexican equipment manufacturer to get the proper spelling of its name...I found a site in Spanish, and Google allows you to translate it to English. One paragraph came up as such...I found it funny, in my wordsmith brain:

"Contáctese with our commercial department and it will verify that, like our seeds, genetically we are prepared to adapt us to all conditions."

Too freakin' funny! :) So now the Mexicans are genetically superior, eh? :) At least those that work for this company are...

In other news...still waiting to hear answers back on some questions about a condo we're about ready to bid on. It's been on the market for at least a month now, so hopefully the owner is ripe for the sellin'...and the lowballin'...

In bad news...instead of visiting with Laz and all y'all, my day of reckoning of sorts has come...I got a note from my roommate saying our landlord told him he was going to start showing the apt. soon. That means there's no time to waste, and I'll have to fix the wall tonight. I have no choice now. I wanted to start it, honestly, this past Saturday, but as you read, my head felt like it was going to explode.

I'm hoping this isn't too difficult. I just need to make it presentable...invisible to the naked eye. That's the key. Fix, but minimally, just like everything else in the damn place...all shoddy shit. Mine won't be shoddy, but it ain't gonna be perfect, I'll tell you that. It just has to survive past when I get my sec. deposit back...then it can fall apart. But, it won't, because I'll still do a good job, I'm sure.

I'm itching to play softball, too. At the ballpark, we have the men's 16-inch softball tourney going, and it's killing me to watch and not play. But that's what I get for being lazy and presumptuous and not organizing a team.

Ah well...back to work I go...