Sunday, September 05, 2004

Here we go, Take Two of "Get a Condo"...

We're putting in a bid for the Edison Park condo today, hopefully. We'd like to go see it once more, for the hell of it and "just in case" we missed something the first time. We, again, are planning on low-balling these folks...the difference is, this place has been on the market for several weeks, whereas the last place we bid on was brand new. So low-balling might be feasible here. Wish us luck... :)

I drafted my first fantasy team (other than Ghetto Bowl) yesterday...not supremely happy with it, only because I deviated from my normal strategy in this league, which is, "Let the other people in the league take chances and stick to consistent producers with little risk." This league is full of chance-taking owners...examples? How about Brian Westbrook going in the first round? Or Thomas Jones being drafted before Peyton Manning? Or Tony Gonzalez in the third round and Santana Moss and Willis McGahee back-to-back in the fourth round? I was OK with my team, but tell me what you think. (Sidenote, I was disappointed at my lack of James Taylor knowledge...after my first three picks, which were not taken by design and were James, Taylor, Ward, I wanted to go with the James Taylor-related motif, but I blanked...)

QBs: Brady (10th rd.), Carr (11th). RBs: James (1), Taylor (2), K. Jones (5), G. Jones (7), A Thomas (13), J. Jackson (14). WRs: Ward (3), Mason (4), R. Smith (6), Burleson (12). TE: Winslow (8). PK: Kasay (15). D/ST: Kansas City (9). We usually load up on RBs and WRs and then drop someone on bye weeks for TEs, PKs and DSTs...it's the best strategy for this league. Some people even only draft one QB and deal with it later.

Ah well...off to do condo-riffic things... :)