Tuesday, May 18, 2004

It must be a record of some sort, but of course, I was upstaged.

Further massaging my softball ego, today I pitched a helluva game. Thank God, because I couldn't hit for shit, going 0-4 in miserable fashion too. Weak day at the plate. But I've got to believe, for men's league 12-inch slowpitch softball, striking out three batters in a row (looking, not fouling the ball off) has to be a record. I did just that during our 20-6 victory over some team named MasterBatter.

Sadly, this news did not make SportsCenter because some jackass named Randy Johnson pitched a perfect game in Major League Baseball. At least we didn't have to listen to a show's worth of Barry Bonds non-news all evening.

Didn't get a haircut or go to Home Depot because dog food cost more than I'd planned--see, I'm trying a new system, mixing two kinds of food to get the benefits of both for Kazak. Of course, having to buy two bags really hits the budget hard. So I backed off the haircut and the hangers.