Friday, May 07, 2004

Well, the landlord never called me back, but the maintenance man came in the evening of his own accord (because he knew things needed to be fixed, both next door and here). That said, I was stuck here until 9pm even though I had several things to do. Fortunately, I was able to pick up some shelves from Kim and Nick before they went to bed. I'll put those up today. But I also needed to go to my parents' house to pick up a tool to splice coaxial cable and to Radio Shack to get ends for the coaxial cable that I have.

So today I'll do those things and work on setting the TV back up and putting up the shelves in our bathroom. Hopefully neither of these will be massive projects.

At any rate, the toilet is fixed. I won't describe the horrible mess it was to fix...just know that it was quite funky when he pulled the toilet off its setting. But it's OK now. He also patched the ceiling, so hopefully that stays good for a while. However, if there is truly a leak, well, it isn't gonna stay very long. We'll see, I guess.

Later, Oak Lawn softball season starts. The one day it's not warm has to be today, right? :) It figures. Oh well. It'll make my hands go numb faster.

So that's about it for now...I need to get rolling. I'll catch y'all later...I sent out a b-day party invitation, so if you didn't get it, let me know and I'll forward it to you...likely I just forgot your email address...or you live out of town (ha HA! thought you could get me on that one, eh?).