Thursday, May 06, 2004

I would say I was too busy celebrating Cinco de Mayo yesterday, but that would be a bald-faced lie.

Actually, I had to work at 2:30, and I slept in until then, roughly.

Nothing new to report, except that I know for sure that I'm not living in this apartment again, come October. Not that I needed any further proof. Now, the bathroom ceiling has been falling in (at the drywall tape) from a slow leak upstairs, probably. We've told the landlord at least three times. The maintenance man showed up yesterday morning, unaware of this still...he just happened to show up to check on things. I showed it to him, and he said he'd be here this morning to fix it. It's 1pm...no maintenance man.

He mentioned that there was some water in the basement and asked if there was any problem with our bathroom drains. Forgetting about the problems we've had with our toilet recently, I said no.

Oops. There's now some water on the bathroom floor that came from the base of the toilet. I'm gonna go downstairs and see what the damage might be down there. And then I'm calling the landlord. And they better get moving, or there are gonna be issues.

All this in between trying to secure health insurance. I'm glad I'm a healthy 26-year-old. It's not so bad. HumanaOne is pretty solid (so far). I'm waiting for State Farm to call me back.

"Friends" ends tonight. I don't care. I've NEVER watched a single episode of that bullshit show. Never found it believable or funny even. Ah well...off to mop the bathroom and check the basement.