Thursday, April 22, 2004

Why? Why, I ask!?

Why must former Stone Temple Pilots front man Scott Weiland torture me so much?!

So, he was (big shock) picked up for heroin or some other substance abuse recently. And I forgot about him again, thinking, "Good, now that whole Velvet Revolver project will go down the tubes, Scott will fade into oblivion and I can forget about him and enjoy the music he made with STP and in his side projects."

But NO. The other day, I hear this song on the radio. UNMISTAKABLY it is Weiland's voice. I'd recognize it anywhere. Forgetting about Velvet Revolver, I think, "Wait, STP has a new song?" and I get marginally excited.

But it's Velvet Revolver. Velvet Revolver is Weiland and the former members of Guns 'N' Roses, minus Axel Rose. This is a good thing, in my opinion.

So, of course, the song, called "Slither" kicks major, major ass, just like the first one they released as Velvet Revolver, called "Set Me Free." In fact, Slither, I submit, is better. Listen to them here.

But now I have to continue to listen to awesome music this jackass puts out every X amount of years because he can't stay clean. It's frustrating, because he's probably my favorite vocalist, all time. The guy is downright talented, and unless you've heard the entire STP library and his solo stuff, you can't say anything against it. He's not a screamer or angst-ridden whiner on the mic. He actually can SING, and he can do it a multitude of ways. It's very good.

I might even think about going to the Velvet Revolver concert here on May 19. (Nevermind, I can't...it's a Wednesday and I work) Argh. Such torture to like a band or singer. It kills me.