Thursday, April 22, 2004

Christine, by way of her Starbux insights, wins the "how to spice up my life a bit" contest. Passion tea lemonade is back. Too bad I have no job to buy copious amounts of the liquid.

I'm mailing out apps. to three jobs tomorrow. Three interesting, yet very different places. One is my high school, which is in search of a recruiting director. I'm not sure how much of a shot I have, but hell, it's worth a try. I was a smart student there, not a flunky, so they still respect me.

The other is a nonprofit that helps people internationally--in a red cross-ish kind of way, if I'm not mistaken, but not the red cross. It's actually up in Ev, IL, which scares me a bit, but heck, it looks interesting. And I can put my skills to work for good for a change.

The third is for some nuclear (it's nucular, Lisa, nucular) society. Not sure what the hell they do, but they need an editor, and it seems like it'd be cool to work for them.

I applied to two other places today--some healthcare organization and a confidential company. We'll see what of this pans out, if anything.

Work was marginally uneventful. Nothing really interesting worth mentioning, except that it was pretty chilly out. Yet I was prepared, so it wasn't bad.

But now I'm tired, so I'm off to bed.