Monday, April 19, 2004

Although this post says it's Monday, it's actually still "Sunday" for me.

Worked today at the ballpark for the first time on my own. It wasn't bad, even though the 40-plus m.p.h. winds were annoying. I only got four hours of work though, which kind of worries me...I docked my hourly pay b/c I thought I'd be getting 16 hrs. per week. If I get significantly less than that, well, it may not be enough earnings to survive on. I guess we'll see how it goes--it's still early.

All in all, the job's simple. I stand around and tell kids to stop running around or climbing on things or you don't belong here and whatnot. I also help clean the garbage up from the grounds so that we don't have a lot to take care of later. That's all during the games. I do a lot of standing around if there isn't much of a crowd. Then, after the games are done, I machine drag the field and shut everything down, basically. It's pretty easy.

Tomorrow (Monday, really), I HAVE TO do laundry. I am really backed up on my laundry. I'll go to the bank and get a roll or two of quarters (or I'll just go to my parents' and do laundry) and then go to town. I wanted to go to Home Depot though and get some planters--I bought flowers while I was in Bolingbrook that need to be planted very soon (it's such an addiction, I tell you). And since I got a gift card to Home Depot from the Easter Bunny (along with plenty of chocolate), I'll be buying some window boxes and/or huge pots for the deck.

Now, I'm gonna go to bed...but of course, I'm hungry...but I'm also sore from working at the ballpark tonight and Friday night (on my feet constantly) and from helping Kim and Nick move in briefly on Saturday--that washing machine took a lot out of me, and showed me just how out of shape I am. :)

By the way, go see the new house...it's very nice, despite blog complaints about the cleanliness--they did a FANTASTIC job of cleaning the place up, and it's a cool lot--sweet backyard with lots of potential, particularly as far as city lots go. :)