Tuesday, April 06, 2004

I finally fell back asleep, and I was just awakened by the Hispanic dude who is hanging around next door--he comes into the gangway and whistles at a high pitch to signal the girl that lives there. So he whistled, and that woke me up, of course. Anyway, I was then subjected to the most ghetto-ass conversation I've heard in a long time...it was funny but stupid at the same time...I'm sitting there thinking, did you just even make a sentence? Plus, they switched between English and Spanish every now and then. They talked about the girl not going to school anymore, and the dude talked about going over somewhere to spark up, and she was like, "Why you gotta go all the way over there for that?" Whatever...just thought I'd share some of the color of this neighborhood. It was also kind of sad at the same time...in a weird sort of way. Two days ago, these two were just sitting in the yard. Yesterday, they were standing out in front of the house. I don't know where they'll be today, but they'll be out somewhere, because the guy kept saying, "It's damn hot out, man!"

I feel better this morning than I have the last couple of days. That's good. The Claritin D is supposed to clear up congestion too, and I think it's working. My coughs are looser and my nose isn't as clogged. Also, my head doesn't feel as though it's full of crap. Too bad I have to wait until tomorrow morning to take another one, since I'm not gonna take it before bedtime again.