Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Honestly, I don't mind having a cold or allergies all that much. It's become a way of life for me, more or less. It's typically something I just deal with when it comes around. I know I can't go a whole year without one hay fever attack, so when it hits, I deal and that's that.

But what I hate is when illness interferes with and screws up my daily functioning. I went to bed just after midnight last night. But, because the past few days I've been unable to sleep and I "slept" most of the day yesterday because I was so dead-tired, my sleeping patterns are all messed up. I woke up at 5am, and have wavered between different states of sleep and wake since. I wondered too, if the fact that the Claritin D is "non-drowsy," if that's affecting me. So I'll be switching now and taking it in the morning after I wake up from now on, I guess.

Now I'm hungry, but I don't want to eat, because that will only verify to my body that it should wake up at this early hour. I tried reading, which usually tires me out, but I didn't tire quickly enough. Even Kazak came into my room, because my light was on, around 6am, and gave me this look, with his ears up and his tail pensively wagging, as if to say, "WTF? Why are you up? Are we going out?"(Thus the pensive tail wagging.) He then lay down on my bedroom floor, no doubt waiting for a clue as to what was going on.

So I thought maybe I'll blog some...that might tire me out.

Today, "24" is on, and Luis is coming by, planning to grill. That means I need to change the propane tank on my gas grill--take the empty off and put the full one on. Shouldn't be too terrible a chore, I hope. Then, Gina and I will head to the dance studio for the open dance event they host every Tuesday. We simply need to practice more, and that will help a lot. Especially now that we've got this great big arsenal of moves--otherwise, we'll forget some of them.

Ah well...I don't feel significantly any more tired, but I'm gonna head back to the bed and see if I don't fall asleep somehow.