Monday, April 05, 2004

Well, I caved. I went out and bought Claritin D yesterday, so now I have to take this stupid pill every damn day of the allergy season (which, for me, isn't really defined too clearly sometimes) if I don't want to get my allergies like I just did. I didn't want to do that because I don't like the idea of taking a pill every day. What if they take it off the market someday? Then my body will have weakened and won't be able to fight the allergies itself, and I'll be screwed. It's like teaching my body bad habits...oh, you can't do it yourself quickly enough, that's OK, here's a pill to help. Now you can focus on other things.

Yesterday was the pinnacle--I was sneezing all day long, my nose was running and I felt relatively floaty. I took Nyquil (cap form, the liquid sucks) before going to bed, and that ravaged me, but I slept well. I still feel drowsy and may go back to bed, honestly. I just had a bowl of Golden Grahams and didn't take a lick of them, my system's so screwed up.

So I'll start taking the Claritin today, and although that won't help me in the right now, it'll prevent the future, supposedly. And it ain't cheap, that's for sure. But, as long as it works, I guess I'll live.