Sunday, March 28, 2004

Well, for all intents and purposes, I've locked up winning my NCAA Pool that I entered. I have three of the Final Four, missing only on Kentucky. I also have my championship pairing intact and my champion still on the board. There is a chance I COULD lose still, I think, mathematically. But we shall see. This will be a good bonus.

So the nice thing is that, I'm actually pretty good at this March Madness Pool stuff. This would be the second time in five(?) years I've won it all (when UConn won it all a few years back, I was the only one to pick them and won that year), and I've placed quite nicely in other years. So maybe this gambling stuff, if I'm smart about it, isn't so bad. I actually do have a psuedo-system when picking the tourney, but I'd have to kill you if I shared it. :)

Recap of a busy, busy weekend:
Lunch with Donna on Friday at The Emerald City was good...great turkey sandwich--and in a pita at that! Wow. :)

Brian Regan, as I said, was fantastic. Once again, a show well worth it.

Party yesterday at Hopper's house was also fantastic. So many people were there...so many getting drunk. Even Husband of Barb got in on the drinkin' action. :) But all was good, of course.

Today, church, as usual, followed by dinner at Gina's parents. We've now switched more or less to alternating between parents' houses on Sundays for dinner. It's free and good to hang with the families. And I wasn't paid to say that. Plus, I get to steal coupons from either household, since I don't get a Sunday paper. :)

After dinner, Gina and I walked to the nearby park and played some catch with the softball. Softball is, after all, right around the corner at the end of April/beginning of May. It was such a beautiful day until the evening.

By then, we were heading out to the SuperNovas' house for a psuedo-impromptu grilling session with a handful of folks. Gina had half a burger, and I didn't eat anything, really, because I was still full from dinner earlier. We did talk of the possibility of them hosting a "White Trash Party" in order to rile up the subdivision group or whatever that she speaks highly of occasionally in her blog. So we shall see how that goes. Many await, SuperNovas, with bated breath.

Otherwise, the excitement of grocery shopping awaited us after that, and then I just got home. I'll probably surf the Web a bit, type out a few emails and head to bed. I'm kinda tired, for whatever reason.