Tuesday, March 23, 2004

I got the ballpark job. :) Thankfully. So my part-time work concerns are taken care of. I can breathe a teensy bit easier now. But I still have to look for full-time work, in theory. Or at least semi-full-time work. One way or another, I need health insurance, ya know?

And I'm glad I found out about the ballpark job today too, because I'm supposed to call PFW and talk to them about freelance work at this point. So, because I got this ballpark job, I can only do work for them until Easter because of unemployment. That is, until I find a fulltime gig and get off unemployment. Then I can do whatever I want. :) I think PFW will need help only until about Easter anyway, so it works out, more or less. But we'll see.

Obviously, I understand what Laz is going through in not hearing from that one Chicago job. I've sent out about three dozen feelers and actual applications to jobs and have heard back from about five. All rejections. So I'm here with ya, buddy. Except, to quote "Ferris Bueller's Day Off": "I don't even have a piece of shit. I have to envy your piece of shit."

Man, I'm itching to plant. Now that I know I'll have some money coming in, I can "plan" for when I can start planting. At the F&G Show, IDOT had a display on how they're going to plant all these flowers along the highways, and there were these really pretty burgundy and gold (UrbanTherapy wedding colors!) daisy-like flowers. I asked about them, and the lady said they were---TIMEOUT ON THE FIELD!!!

I just got a call. I have an interview for an editor position next Tuesday at 1:30. It's a business-to-business magazine--straight-up trade mag type of thing...not the most interesting thing in the world, but we'll see how it goes. Yay! Or something...now I need to see which one this is of the millions that I sent in. It's one of the "confidential" ones, I know, because I would remember sending to this particular magazine.

OK...back to your regularly scheduled "life of Andy" blog...---mums. I said, what variety of mums? "They're just mums," she said, but not angrily. She didn't know what kind. Which is stupid, because there are about a million varieties, and i can't just walk into a store and say I want the burgundy daisy-like mums. But, since it was Saturday, the lady says, "Hold on," and tears off 1/4 of the plant and gives it to me. Gina laughed. I said thanks, and we walked away. I was like, great, they're gonna haul me off thinking I personally tore this off a display. I was then thinking, what am I going to do with this? Duh, I forgot that you can grow plants from cuttings. So I put the pieces in water, and they're growing roots. :) So I'll have to plant them in pots soon. That'll be so cool if it works.

Now I'm kinda excited about this interview, only because I'm curious. And I want a freakin' job already. :) Staying home has its advantages, but... :)

I'm off to walk Kazak now, and then I have a haircut appointment at 1pm. Later all...