Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Hmmm...what about bartending school? Anyone know how much it costs to go to bartending school? Of course, then you'd all be required to come to my bar and tip me well. And if you were lucky (and the bar allowed it), I might buy back a round or two. :)

Heard back today about a part-time b a l l p a r k supervisor (using PolishBasia's methodology here) position I applied for yesterday. It would be about 16 hours/week (two days) minimum at about $11/hour. It's a private baseball stadium--like a park, but privately owned and rented out. I would basically be "in charge" on the days I worked. The only "problem" is that I'd have to be there at 3:30pm during the week and would have to work a Saturday or a Sunday as well. The 3:30 throws a monkeywrench in doing that if I find a full-time gig. The weekend day throws a monkeywrench in that I have split-season Sox tickets on weekends. So we'll see. I have to think about this now.

I picked up an application at the local Petco. They're hiring too. Whatever. I also scanned through the Reader, which is where I got the bartending idea. There were a couple (literally, like two) somewhat intriguing things. One of them I looked up online and changed my mind. So there was maybe ONE really intriguing job that I was qualified even partially for.

So we shall see.