Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Still silence from Potential Employer 1. This kind of pisses me off, because I'm clearly qualified for one of the jobs, if not both of the jobs they are offering. They said two weeks, which brings us to this Thursday. If I don't hear from them by next Tuesday, I'm calling and asking why they don't like me (not in those exact words). I figure at that point, I have nothing to lose. I've nearly forgotten about Potential Employer 2, the job that I'd laugh my ass off if I got. It's too bad too. It was to be a "Sports Commissioner" for some confidential company, running fantasy leagues and real leagues and video-game leagues. It would have paid (get this) a base salary of $75,000, with prospects to make up to $100,000. That's why I'd have lauged my ass off if I got it. Especially since the maximum requirement for application was a high school diploma. But I forgot, I'm not supposed to make good money in my life...it's just not in the stars for me. Silly me.

I'm armed with the addresses of nearly 20 Chicagoland-based magazines that I will have at "work" tomorrow to print out general cover letters and send off resumes to. I'm just throwing shit at the wall now, just hoping something sticks, as far as journalism goes. I'd apply to the two night-desk jobs that are in front of me, but I really don't want to give up my nights and weekends. It's not laziness that's preventing me from applying, it's a general desire not to work that shift. So those are end-of-the-rope moves.

What about going back to school? Well...I don't know. What for and how? That costs money, ya know? And I wouldn't be going for a Masters...it would be for a Bachelor's. Then I say, well, if I'm gonna go to "school," why don't I just join a trade union? That would require schooling, and theoretically would pay me to apprentice (some do, some don't)...but I don't know.

I'm off to Bolingbrook for my eye-doctor appointment after I take the dog out. I'll be out there most of the day. From there, who knows what happens.