Monday, February 23, 2004

Son of a fucking bitch!

I just went to Kinko's to print out 16 copies of my resume on nice paper (and because I don't have a printer), and I just got back and noticed a huge inconsistency that basically forces me to trash the entire stack of them. $10 down the fucking drain (because of user fees and crap from Kinko's--and all because I wanted them on some nicer-than-white paper). Dammit. And the thing is, I can't just let it slide, since, duh, I'm applying for editing jobs. What's annoying is that I proofed it and re-proofed it at least three dozen times before printing it. And I still missed this. And so did everyone I showed it to.

In a couple entries, I refer to the program as "Quark Express." In others, it's "QuarkExpress." Again, I say, son of a fucking bitch. Again, I say, dammit. Oh, this kills me...and see, I can't communicate to potential employers how much this kills me, because it's a mistake. But this is why I should get an editing job. Because it kills me.

Arrrgggggh!

OK...UPDATE: Thankfully, there's a Kinko's on North and Harlem (on the way to Potential Employer 1) that I'll have to stop at tomorrow and print out a new copy of my resume. No more special paper after that one though. Screw that crap. Too much trouble...I'll just print a slew of them at work on good ol' regular white paper.