Tuesday, February 17, 2004

So the Yankees get A-Rod and quite possibly will get Greg Maddux, according to rumors heard on sports talk radio this morning by a coworker. Part of me wants to get a refund for my split-season Sox tickets, though my brother paid for them, and not even attend a baseball game this year. It's not even worth going, it seems (of course, I will go and will enjoy myself). But I'm not even mad about it...I can't get mad anymore, because it figures--it's not surprising in the least. It's a shame that Major League Baseball is so fucked up like this that it would let this happen. I wish the league would have folded during the last strike. I hope this is the undoing of the league, somehow. But I know it won't be. The rich (OK, only the Yankees) will continue to get richer while the rest of the league toils in near-miss land.