Monday, February 16, 2004

WAC Friday was a genuine success...for what it's worth. :) Another word this Friday, assuming I remember. :)

Weekend update...

Friday I went to a benefit dinner for a cousin of a friend of Gina's who had to have a heart transplant. It was a buffet dinner, raffle and silent auction. Also, there was dancing. It was fun. I didn't win anything in the raffles they had, but I did win the wine on the table and the candle holders on the table because my birthday was closest to the girl who the benefit was for. Woohoo...or something.

Saturday was the big day...we went to 312 Chicago for dinner, which was great...except for one (and maybe a couple, if my credit card online statement isn't lying to me) thing. The food: Fantastic. The service: Fantastic. The ambiance: Great. The fact that they cancelled the main draw for me and didn't take it off the Internet: Quite disappointing.

I had picked 312 Chicago because their Metromix (which doesn't deserve a link for this) ad said they'd be giving away a trip for two to San Francisco for diners this weekend for V-day. Well, turns out that they cancelled it and didn't get to change the Web site fast enough. I was disappointed and tried to communicate that to them, in the hopes that they'd dock a little off my bill or something--I told them flat out that was the reason we were there...we could have gone to any number of restaurants. But it was a good enough time that I didn't really press too hard...and I didn't want to anyway and ruin the evening.

But now, I look at my online cc statement, and it seems that (unless it's just a temporary number, which is possible) they charged me $30 more than what I put down. Actually, $29.73 or something like that. And it's not like I tipped poorly...I gave 20 percent. So I have to see in the next day or so what the official post to my cc is and if it doesn't match, I'm ripping them a new asshole over the phone...

After dinner, we went to The Viaduct to see "All's Well That Ends Well." I have to say, following the dialogue required some concentration, but I told Gina that following it in a play is far easier than reading it. It was a good show and a cool story...it's a comedy, so that's always good...it was a grand total (intermission included) of three hours...and the seats weren't comfortable. But the play was done well enough and the story good enough that it was good.

After that, we drove out to Elk Grove Village, where her cousin had a hotel suite...we hung out there with her cousin and my brother and just relaxed...then we went home.

Sunday we went to church, then my parents' house for Eddie's b-day "party" where, for the first time ever, the three of us boys had girlfriends and they were in attendance. It was good...I'm sure my mom loved it.

We then headed to Gina's parents' house for her brother's b-day "party." That also was good fun and relaxing...but we were getting tired, so we left...we were gonna watch a movie then, but we were too sleepy.

Today, we wrapped up the V-day festivities by going to IHOP on Diversey and California, where we went the night (morning) I first asked Gina to dinner...we had gone there last at 5:30 am back in September after talking for several hours in her apartment after a wine-tasting party she'd held...this time, it was a more normal time. :)

She went home and graded papers and I came home and played "SimCity 4" because Gina had bought me the "Rush Hour" expansion pack for it...it kicks major ass...so much so that we were late for the UrbanTherapy Presidents' Day Par-tay because I lost track of time. :) It happens.

That, of course, was a blast, as usual...UrbanTherapy, Kelly and Kathleen were there...and me and Gina. And now I'm stuffed... :)

So tomorrow begins another day/week. Off we go.