Thursday, February 05, 2004

Damn...I overslept AGAIN today. I gotta break out of that cycle, and fast.

I successfully made my Valentine's Day plans yesterday after calling about a half dozen restaurants. Finally, the one I actually really wanted came through. In honor of Bioguy's trendsetting dialogue use, here's the conversation:
Maitre d': I don't have anything before 9:15, sorry.
Me: Oh, well, I'll have to think about it and call you back. How fast are the reservations coming in?
Maitre d': We're getting a couple a day. What time will you be looking for when you call back?
Me: Well, as early as possible, so 9:15.
Maitre d': Do you have a theatre show to go to?
Me: Well, I don't know if I have the tickets yet, but the show would be at 8:00, which is why I'm uncertain on the reservation.
Maitre d': Well, I'll tell you what. Call me back in 20 minutes, and we should be able to fit you in.
Me: Really? OK...early enough to get to the 8:00 show even?
Maitre d': Yes. I just have want to do a quick count and make sure we're not OVERbooked. There should be no problem getting you in whatever time you want.
Me: Excellent. I'll call you back.

So I did, and we got reservations for two at 5:15. I was also concerned about the price, because Metromix gives a price range, even though (thanks to PolishBasia, the socialite, for clearing up what it means) it is a prix fixe meal. That means, fixed price. The higher price was with wine through all the courses. the lower is without that. And we decide when we get there. Plus, the bonus stuff we get (which I'm not saying here, so Gina is surprised...and to tease her if she actually does read this) is really good. So it'll be great. :)

Anyway, that gives us enough time to get to "All's Well That Ends Well" at The Viaduct. It ought to be a good time overall...I just hope the presents I bought for her yesterday make it to me by then...they're supposed to get to me on the 10th, but who knows how UPS will handle them. Stupid apartment life. :) I should have just had them delivered to work instead...

Swing dance class last night for me was a disaster. I was terrible. I couldn't get a simple thing like switching hands on a certain step. It's gotten more complicated now too, and that's not easy at all. I did OK...and I danced briefly with the instructor, and she said I did fine and that I just need practice and I'll be OK. So I guess I'm just being too hard on myself. I guess. Practice! Practice! Practice! That's all.

The next two weekends are quite busy. I thought after the holidays, it was supposed to get less busy. Damn. But good. :)

Oh, and I should add, not much beats Giordano's stuffed cheese pizza. Not much at all...as Starbux Princess might say, quite simply, "Yum."