Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Today, work wasn't as terrible as I thought it might be. We got out around 8:45, which isn't bad at all, especially given that I get tomorrow off. I will sleep. I've had a hard time getting up on time and stuff, and I blame it squarely on my new flannel sheets. They are so comfortable. I also blame it on my new down-feather pillow, which is ridiculously comfortable too. Stupid quality-of-life improvements! :)

I can't sleep forever tomorrow though, since I have a dentist's appointment at 12:30. Goodbye silver tooth! :)

In the evening, Gina and I start our second swing class: "Crosshand and More" Of course, we were supposed to have practiced this week, but didn't. I'm not happy about that fact, but I guess we'll survive. A lot of the couples who were in our Intro class are taking this one, so that's good, I guess. I still don't want to dance with anyone else but Gina, but I suppose that I could dance with these girls and survive...the ones who are carrying on are pretty solid dancers, I think.

I'm trying to come up with plans for Valentine's Day. Gina and I were going to go see "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change," which is supposed to be quite good. But, of course, it's sold out already. Damn. So now I have about 2-3 other ideas...but I'm going to not share them here, in case Gina reads it. I'd like for them to be some kind of surprise, truthfully. :) She knows about one of the ideas though, to see "All's Well That Ends Well" at some theatre called The Viaduct in the 3100 block of N. Western (basically, between my apt. and hers, which is convenient). The story looks interesting, and for a Shakespeare thing, it seems like a story I might be able to get into. Also, "Annie Get Your Gun" and "Guys and Dolls" are showing at different theatres, so those are options. But I don't know if we're going to do one of those and dinner. That's a possibility. There are also two other possibilities that I came up with myself...one is a bit more extravagant (and expensive) than the other. But I don't know what I'm going to do yet...I have to decide quickly though, so reservations and plans can be made.

So we'll see...

And it's time for some friendly blog competition. In the past week, based on my Extreme Tracker, here are the standings for who has directed traffic my way:
Urban Therapy -- 66
BasiaBlog -- 51
Persuasive Starbux Princess -- 32
Ink-Stained Wretch -- 16
AlphaCharlieBravo -- 16
Bioguy -- 8
Tree-Hugging Peacenik Kelly -- 1
Bigmouth Donna -- 1

Thanks guys and gals! For those of you who are wandering here from other places, go check those folks out...they're blogs are far more interesting than mine!