Thursday, January 29, 2004

Well, yesterday's swing class and post-party was not easy by any stretch of the imagination. We learned "closed position"--basically swing dancing up close instead of at arm's length. Not easy--because you're nudging her away from you while trying to step back on your opposite foot...my mind plays tricks on me and wants me to step forward instead of back. So it'll take practice, practice, practice.

Green Dolphin Street was cool. Expensive, indeed, but cool. Gina and I tried to dance a couple of times, and we did OK. She danced with the instructor dude, who danced with all the girls from the class. All that did was show me that I indeed am the one who sucks and needs practice, because, like, even the worst girls in the class looked good dancing with him. So, basically, I need to learn how to lead better and be more assertive. Whatever...we're signing up for the next class, which starts next Wednesday already...but we have to practice more...we have to.

I like rediscovering music I own. I couldn't find, for the longest time, my copy of Nine Inch Nails' "Pretty Hate Machine." But I found it the other day and popped it into the CD player at home. What a great album! More mellow than anything else they've done, really...but it rocks at times too.

Ah well...back to work I go.