Monday, February 02, 2004

Well, that was a good game, I must say. And although I missed Janet Jackson's breast the first time around, I wasn't really desiring to see it after the fact...honestly, she looked terrible to me yesterday anyway...just didn't look good to me, for whatever reason.

I went to a coworker's house up on Fox Lake, basically. Good times...and I didn't miss much of the game or too many of the commercials, even though there were tons of people there. I won $45 on a strip card, and that was nearly enough to make up for the squares I had bought...though I'm waiting to hear if I won through my cousin's square pool. I don't even know what numbers I had or if it even went off.

Saturday evening was Vodka Moxie in Evanston, though through scheduling mishaps, Gina and I had to leave before they even went on. Then we headed back to my apartment where, again, the party was in full force. Hung around there and had a good time...it was fun, as expected. Pretty cool.

Today should be a cleaning/working/working on taxes evening. Tomorrow I work a long shift, because we put out our Super Bowl post issue. Then I have Wednesday off, but I have to go to the dentist to get my silver tooth replaced by a real-looking tooth. Oh silver tooth, it was fun whilst ye lastest...

I'm still a bit peeved about my mirror, but as I said, I give up. So I give up being peeved about it, really...I'll just have to figure out what to do next. Part of me just wants to say, "fuck it," and not replace it for fear that the new one will get busted off as soon as I park again.

This neighborhood is roughly half a mile from my apartment. If you look on the little graphic, I'm between California and Western near North. Although it didn't take a Tribune article for me to know not to go over in that area anyway. It's strange how the sixth sense about "bad neighborhoods" kind of develops in people, especially those who grew up in the city. Ahh...it's good to be back in the city. I missed it. Really, I did. You scoff, but I did.