Thursday, January 29, 2004

Live from Roscoe Village, where Gina lives. I'm taking a break from helping her grade papers. Actually, I'm about to go home. I spent most of the evening with the SuperNovas. PolishBasia made delicious chicken pot pie for us and taught me what to do for my new part-time gig--data entry for her company. It's not a lot of work for not a lot of money, but it's money I don't have now, so it will be well-appreciated. So thanks, PolishBasia...you're the greatest. :)

Then, Husband of Barb allowed me to use his garage and tools to take a look at the blower motor on my car--the heater, for you laypeople. It's been grinding really loudly on and off. I had a feeling it was busted, although the heater continued to work fine. I thought maybe it was just loose, and I'd seen my dad work on that part before. So I crawled under the dash on the passenger's side and removed the panel to find metal shavings coming out of the blower motor when you turned it on. I left it alone at that point, knowing that a blade inside must be bent or something, but that it was going to need to be replaced. Thankfully, my dad may have an extra one laying around. That would be nice. Until Saturday though, I still have to live with the annoyance of the grinding (which is really loud and annoying, believe me) or without heat in the car at all. So thanks, Husband of Barb, you're the greatest too! :)

OK then...that's about it for now. Gonna take off soon, because I'm getting tired myself.