Sunday, February 22, 2004

I really need a new desk chair and/or some bricks or something to raise this desk up. My back is killing me from sitting here for an hour or so looking at unemployment things and bills and finances and checking email and looking at job sites and everything. Not good for me, ya know?

Tomorrow, I visit Potential Employer 1, the catalog-using company that has two positions I could fill. It says I can apply in person, so I'm taking that and running with it. Interviews never scare me, and actually, I believe they are an amazing strength of mine in job-searching. Most people flip about them--I don't. It's odd that I am a terrible interviewER, but an excellent interviewEE. Ah well...tomorrow is not an interview (nor is it scheduled), so I'm taking my resume and a cover letter and dropping them off with the contact person, most likely in the late afternoon. I originally wanted to go in the early morning before work, but I don't have a printed copy of the resume handy. But that's OK...I have early-day work to do at work, so better that I get there early and do that anyway.

Potential Employer 2, the paper, will get a packet sent to the contact person within a couple days. Trying to figure out though, what I can send, if anything, as clips--it's a straight-up copy editor/page design job...I don't have any of the layouts I did at Southtown, since I booked out of there quite quickly...but we'll see.

There are a couple of other "suitors" that I have in mind...gonna send a resume to a handful of places, but I want to save a few for unemployment time, if it gets to that. I guess you have to actively be looking for a job, so I'll need places to apply and whatnot.

I was pretty busy yesterday, but I don't feel like recapping...nor do I really feel like recapping Friday or today...I'm just lazy, I guess. :)

And somewhat sleepy...so goodnight, moon. :)