Saturday, March 06, 2004

You know what's funny? When a company looking for a managing editor misspells its own email address. Take a look...the email address is different in two places...That makes me laugh. It's like, yeah, you need an editor badly, and that's obvious, but hmmmm, clearly you care about this job posting barely enough to get it just right. Too funny.

Well, I'm off to do laundry at my parents' house and eat dinner there. No word on the job search. I'm holding off on the night-shift jobs, because my heart's not in going back to working nights right now. Of course, ask me again in a couple weeks and we'll see. :)

I did get my unemployment notice. It's measly, but I could live on it so long as I get another part-time gig and make the maximum I'm allowed. But I'll be then grossing per week what I netted per week at PFW. I'm not having taxes taken out now with the thought being that I'll have a real job by the time that's needed, next year at this time. Plus, I need every little bit right now. So we shall see. I have to talk to PFW and see how much they're planning on giving me and for how much work. I also need to find out how much vacation pay I'm getting, so I can plan accordingly in my budget. With my tax refund, I can stay afloat a lot longer than I'd thought, but come mid-May or so, if I spent NO money on ANYTHING, meaning I don't even eat, then I start to really get in trouble--that's on unemployment alone, without a part-time gig.

But we'll see how it goes...