Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Ah yes...when it rains, it pours.

I went to the unemployment office today, and that went well, until I emerged to find my car missing. Towed. The parking lot, apparently, has restrictions on where you can park for what business. It's a strip mall. I've never seen a strip mall that prevented customers from parking in its own lot...but apparently, the poor employees get parking spots too. Whatever...I'm pretty pissed that it wasn't clear where I could park and even more pissed that I let my guard down and "didn't care." Usually, if there's a shadow of a doubt, I won't park in a spot. So, anyway, that cost me having to owe Gina $125 because I don't have anywhere near that kind of money.

So I've been pretty grumpy all evening since then. I played SimCity 4 to take my mind off things, and that worked. So it looks like I'll be doing a lot of that for a while now, when I'm not job searching. Don't know how much I'm getting in unemployment, so I don't even know how much I can make in part-time work. Still don't know how much vacation time I'm getting paid for. Don't know what I need to do to continue AFLAC. Haven't heard from any potential employers. Don't want to send stuff to night-shift jobs just yet, but wondering if there's anything else worth "waiting" for. I can't defer my car loan and I have to wait to get unemployment before I can defer my student loan. Fortunately, I was able to reschedule an upcoming eye-doctor appointment to before I'm taken off insurance. So that's good. It'll be covered. Phew!

Big City Swing, where we take swing lessons, has an open dance on Tuesday nights, and I just got back from that with Gina. I was in a crappy-esque mood and didn't really want to go, but I'm glad we did. We met our new friends from the first two classes, a couple who lives across the street. The guy works for Chipotle, like as a regional manager or something like that. Don't know what the woman does. Anyway, we did far better than we thought we would, although she danced much better as a follow for other guys than I did as a lead for one other woman. But, honestly, she wasn't really following my leads so well--I'm a strong leader (meaning, I pull and push pretty hard), so it's not hard to tell where I want you to go, typically. But I'm not refined in direction yet, I guess. Whatever. It was a great time and well worth my $4 donation. Tomorrow, we start our third course...should be good.

Maybe I'll go to the library tomorrow and check out some job-searching books. I know of one catalog I need to get--hopefully the library has it. It lists like every magazine everywhere with contact info. That would be awesome to get ahold of.

Otherwise, we'll see. Now to play SimCity 4 again for awhile, then head to bed.