Sunday, February 29, 2004

This may have been the longest I've gone without blogging. Interesting. Or not.

I'd give you a recap, but I can't remember a lot right now...for whatever reason.

In no particular order, I know these things happened:
--I got a letter from Potential Employer 1 saying they received my stuff and if I didn't hear from them within two weeks, to assume they went another direction. OK.
--I went and saw "Intolerable Cruelty" at Brew&View, which was pretty damned good, though a couple people told me the movie wasn't that good. I thought, actually, it was subtlely hilarious in that subtlely hilarious Cohen Bros. way.
--Gina and I went to the softball batting cages today to swing the bats for the first time this year (softball actually gets revved up soon...). She was all worried about hitting the "heavy" 16-inch softball, but she should have NO problems whatsoever. Granted, batting cage balls are loaded, but she was getting some great swings on the pitches. She'll be just fine and probably will take opponents by surprise, given her small-ness. They'll move in, and I think she has enough power to knock it over their heads and past the outfielders--but we'll see. Cubs fans thought Gary Scott would be an All-Star thirdbasemen, and where is he now?
--My room is a goddamned mess--the messiest it's ever been.
--Butch bought a 27-inch TV for $75 and we got digital cable (although I'm unemployed) in all three rooms. Part of why my room is a mess and a half.
--I went to Gameworks in Schaumburg yesterday and found the game that I can master...it's called Slide Match or something like that...it's basically hand-eye coordination. I won 900 tickets on about $12 worth of tries. So I got Gina a stuffed teddy bear that I gave to her when she showed up (later than me), because I wasn't about to buy 900 tickets worth of ShockTarts!, though that would have been fun (and a helluva lot of ShockTarts!).
--I applied to a job that, if I get it, I will laugh for five days straight. It's perfect, but I believe it's one of those B.S. job entries, like "Stuff envelopes in your spare time for $80,000!!!!" but they don't tell you that you have to buy all the envelopes and whatnot. So we'll see. But if it's not a misleading job, then, boy...I'll laugh for five straight days.
--I decided that I'm 90 percent sure I'm not leaving Chicagoland, even if it means working at K-mart or something like that.

So anyway...the nice thing about being unemployed is that I have tomorrow, Casimir Pulaski Day (Go Polacks!), off to "celebrate my heritage." That means I'll sleep in and then Gina (who has the day off) and I will find something to do...the only bad thing is that it might rain. But we'll see how it goes.

OK...off to clean.