Wednesday, February 25, 2004

It's interesting...I was thinking about it this morning.

I suppose that when I look back on the year spanning March 2003-March 2004, I will have to say that it was an extremely pivotal year. Consider (in mostly chronological order):
1. Donna and I broke up
2. I changed my appearance (shaved goatee, new haircut)
3. I moved into the city and into an apartment in general and have lived a much more cleanly lifestyle.
4. I met Gina and she became my life almost from the get-go.
5. I improved my wardrobe significantly, improving my appearance even further.
6. I decided to start really saving money, with goals in mind, and planning out expenses and whatnot.
7. I started watching what I eat, in terms of cost and size of portions, somewhere in there losing 10-12 pounds over the period I speak of.
8. (Thus, I should have seen it coming) I lost my job and need to get a new one.

Things happen for a reason, no doubt about it. It's just odd how, in the span of a full calendar year (albeit not January-December), my life has turned completely upside-down.

Last night, Luis and I watched "24" and then went to find our friend Erin's "new" place of employment. It's a bar called Huetten Bar (sp), and it's up in Lincoln Square. It was dead, so she closed early and we sat around drinking by ourselves in the closed bar. It was cool. We went to a place called Iggy's on Milwaukee near the expressway after that to grab a bite to eat.

Right now, it's my last official day at work...we're going to press, but I haven't done anything for the paper since about 2pm. I'm hoping to leave in about an hour to make it for swing-dance class at 7. It's our last session of the second class. It should, as usual, be fun.

Tomorrow, I will enjoy my first day of pseudo-employment by sleeping in, getting up, coming here and cleaning or printing all my stories. The guys are taking me to lunch, so I'll have to be here by then. I'll make sure of that. :)