Wednesday, March 03, 2004

I guess there's a benefit to being unemployed, kinda. I've eaten cereal for "breakfast" (granted, at 11am) the last three days or so. To me, that's healthy eating, because it's what I grew up doing, and I was much healthier then. Plus, I missed eating cereal. I love cereal.

No one will care, but let me talk about it anyway. The SimCity 4 Rush Hour expansion pack is quite possibly the greatest thing in the world. Because it fits ME perfectly. Part of the "strategy" of the basic game is to build your city, but you have to take your time...you can't throw up all kinds of stuff or you'll go over budget. But without the expansion pack, you'd have to sit there and stare at the city and not do anything. I could never do that. That's not "playing" the game to me. But this expansion pack allows you to run "Grand Theft Auto" type missions in your city--good guys and bad guys. And you earn money and mayor ratings points (or lose them) if you succeed or fail. That's good, because it gives me something to do when I don't have the cash to build and need to build some capital. Whatever.

Debating what to do today...could go to the library to look up some things. Could go to the former employer's and get some things done there. Could just stay home, relax, do some research and whatnot. Probably I will go to the Harold Washington Library though and see if they have a catalog with magazine listings I can take out (assuming my crusty old library card, which I've had since I was single-digits old, still works. It should. It did before. We'll see. Gotta walk the dog first.