Friday, March 12, 2004

I have no idea why, but I slept like shit last night, until about 5am-11am. And it's weird, because usually when I can't sleep, I can pinpoint why...such as, something on my mind, uncomfortable room temperature, stomachache or headache, etc. But last night, I just couldn't seem to fall asleep. But I guess I got a decent rest between 5 and 11. Not ideal, but what else would I do if I woke up before 11?

Ah, I almost forgot...financial news I can be proud of, for a change! :) I got my SBC bill this morning, and for the second straight month, I kept under my minutes and thus kept my bill for my home phone, cell phone and DSL service under $100! That's great, especially considering that when I first signed up, they quoted me an estimate of about $110/month for all three. So this is good...I just hope I can continue to keep it that way--and I think I can. :)

I "cleaned" my bike today...now I wish I could find the kryptonite lock. I don't even know where to start looking for it. I checked this big Rubbermaid bin I have, thinking it was in there. It's not. I bet it's out in Bolingbrook somewhere...I can't really go anywhere on the bike until I get the damned lock. I mean, I could just go for a ride, which is fine and I'll probably do and all, but I'd also like to use it to go to the store or something, ya know? Ah well, the time will come for that soon enough, I guess. Besides, I need a new chain (badly) and probably could use a new rear rim. And I really need to oil the whole damn thing. The front rim, it amazes me...it's still perfect. The bearings aren't worn or dried out or anything--the wheel still spins FOREVER when I spin it by hand (when the bike's upside down), and then it even pendulums back and forth for about five minutes...that's a good thing. So I'm actually excited about the prospect of riding again. It'll be nice, and it'll get me back in shape. And that's good...and maybe, just maybe, if I stick with it, I'll be able to do day rides again. But that's a ways away from right now. :)