Thursday, March 11, 2004

So, Potential Employer 1 today re-posted the two jobs I applied for...today also being the "two-week window" after which the letter they sent me stated I should assume they went in a different direction. A couple of things: 1. I talked to a guy at PFW who interviewed with them way back in the day. He said it took them about a month to contact him. 2. I'm so pissed about this, because I am so clearly qualified for either of these jobs that I can't fathom how they could pass on me. And it's not conceitedness--I AM qualified for these jobs. So I'd like to call and find out what the deal is, but I *know* that I will give them attitude at this point--and what if they're still in the process of figuring out if they're gonna interview me? That would throw my chances in the toilet. It just pisses me off. If I happen to get another job in the meantime, I'm gonna re-apply, and if they call me, I'll tell them, oh, sorry, I took another job. Your loss. Bastards.

Otherwise, I spent today watching some TV and playing some Madden 2003...then, I proved myself to be a good, knowledgeable Polack when I successfully boiled and fried up some pierogis! And they tasted fantastic. I was (and still am) so proud of myself. And the cool thing is, they were potato pierogis, so they were quite filling, and I thus have about five of them leftover for lunch tomorrow--I can then be a good Polack AND a good Catholic. :)

I cleaned and organized my room more, which included the daunting task of filing the stacks of invoices and such into my little crate o' important stuff. That took about an hour or so. So now there's no papers lying around on my floor...except for my job-search stuff and outstanding bills, and those are stacked neatly in a corner.

I figured (thank God I started this whole forecasting my budget thing when I was planning my apartment search!) I absolutely cannot live past the middle of April without a part-time gig. I will need the $150/week to supplement my unemployment income by then, or I'll be penniless, literally. So I'm giving the full-time gigs I've "applied" to two weeks, and then I'm off to every possible retail-type place or any kind of part-time work I can find. If I'm really successful and can get a couple part-time gigs that pay me more than one gig plus unemployment (not unlike Donna's situation), then that'll be fantastic. But for now, I'm willing to settle for one gig plus unemployment if I must. We shall see how it goes, I guess.

But for now, it's off to bed. I'm feeling a bit tired, believe it or not. I hope it's a bit nicer out tomorrow...I'd like to take my bike onto the deck and clean it so I can put it downstairs somewhere. I need to find my freakin' Kryptonite lock already, so I can start actually USING the bike once it gets a little warmer. Although I guess there's no real rush on that. :)