Saturday, March 13, 2004

Gina and I watched some of my family's old home movies last night, as I have the projector and all the old 8mm films in my possession. She got a kick out of seeing my family and my neighbors as young-uns. We didn't watch a ton, but we watched some of them.

I just got in the mail my Cingular rebate for $50, which I completely forgot about. This is a pleasant surprise, no doubt about it. It will get me groceries for a week or so...I don't spend much on groceries, truth be told. Unless I "splurge" and buy everything in sight. But usually, I'll only buy what's on sale with my preferred card. It's amazing, really, what you can save. I've also started watching and cutting coupons. I should have been doing this before, but now I must. I hope it becomes a habit. I need some more good habits as far as finances go.

In other "good habit" news, I pulled my bike out just now and biked to Gina's apartment, surprised her in doing such, and then biked back. That's six miles, round trip. Not bad for not having ridden a bike in a couple o' years. More of this, and I'll be in tip-top shape again. I'm a bit tired, but not too bad. It's just a matter of doing a little at a time, then a little more, then a little more. Then I'll be all right. My bike, although the chain is rusty, is in pretty solid shape. I'd have had an easier time on this six miles if my tires were at road pressure and not off-road pressure (it's a mountain bike). As such, the resistance from the friction against the ground was heavier. Or something...