Monday, March 22, 2004

You know what? I went pretty much without Internet since mid-afternoon Friday and somehow survived. Interesting. Thus ends that thread.

The interview went pretty well from what I could tell. We spent the first 15 minutes talking fantasy football of all things. Then we talked regular football and general sports stuff. Then we started talking about the old savings and loan banks in association with where I grew up and whatnot. Anyway, the job sounds cool enough, and the guy is willing to keep me under the minimum amount that I can make while on unemployment. That's great.

I just realized that today, Sunday, my former coworkers had to work. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Sorry guys, if you're reading this. :) At least you have some money and comfort on your sides. :)

After the interview, I went to Gina's school to see her classroom and the school and help her clean up and prepare her room for this week. It was cool, but no big deal. I hadn't been in a Chicago public grammar school since kindergarten and Nightengale by my house. Her school looked similar to Nightengale, truthfully.

I then cooked pierogis, fish sticks and steamed broccoli for dinner. And then we graded papers and watched "Major League" and whatever was on TV after that.

Saturday, we went to the Chicago Flower & Garden Show in the morning with Luis and Monica. After that, we stopped at Cafe Iberico, but Gina felt sick, so we went home a bit earlier than expected. The show was MUCH BETTER last year than this year, but it was still a decent show. I picked up some tips and saw an interesting variety of chrysanthemum that I would like to plant in the future. Whatever, you guys don't really care. :)

Saturday night, we met Tim and Melissa at Alumni Club out in Schaumburg. That was all right, yet marginally uneventful, really. We were out pretty late but managed to get up this morning for church and then dinner at my parents' house. We then headed to Kohl's, which is having an enormous sale...I needed some socks and undershirts and found two pairs of shorts (I have hardly any shorts) that we bought. And Tim needed some things too, according to Melissa, anyway.

I've gotten a couple more rejections, including one from the Chicago Historical Society, where I'd actually really have liked to work. Oh well...onward and upward, I guess. And on to another week of unemployment.