Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Didn't I do this while working?

I'm sitting here waiting for unemployment to call and interview me because I earned wages between Feb. 25 and March 10, and I had put down on my application that I wanted to start unemployment on the 26th of February. I misunderstood what the wages I got during that period were, and I told the employee at the unemployment office that I was gonna get paid during that time, but I wasn't going to be working. (Of course, things could have been explained better to me by my former employer, but the whole process has been a confusing psuedo-disorganized mess that I'm not happy about.) He said to put the 26th down then. Apparently those were "wages in lieu of notice," which count as normal wages. So they're supposed to call and officially interview me to review my case. They're supposed to call between 9:30-9:40 am today. So here I am, waiting, waiting, waiting. I hope they call very soon, and I hope they understand that it was a miscommunication. Then I can start my unemployment benefits on March 11 if they want. Why do I get the feeling though, that it won't be that simple?