Thursday, March 25, 2004

So I started some seeds yesterday (Laz, I know you could care less...). A seed-starter kit (the Jiffy Greenhouse variety, with the little coin-shaped thingies that turn into little dirt packages when you add water--I had a lot of success with these last year) was only $7, so I got one, even though I have another one in Bolingbrook. I also bought some seeds, two little pots and a bag of potting soil. All that for $16.

I've started three things:
--->Alyssum, Gold Dust

--->Pepper, California Wonder

--->Quartz Burgundy Verbena

So these ought to go well on my deck, in big pots or in window boxes. I'm planning on planting a variety of things--flowers, vegetables (well, peppers, really) and some herbs, like thyme or rosemary, which I use for my pork chops and other things. It should look nice, if everything works right. I'm a little concerned about the Verbena seeds though, because they're a year or two old. Though they've been sealed in their package, I don't know if they're any good or not. We'll find out.

Meanwhile, I'm still letting my mums grow roots in the cup of water they're in. Once the roots get substantial enough to my liking (maybe after a week or two), I'll plant them in two smaller pots I bought with the potting soil. I really hope this works too. :) I'm sure you're all holding your breath. :)