Monday, May 03, 2004

Here I am!

Or something...

Well, it was a busy weekend, as it always seems to be nowadays. But who cares? :)

Today, I worked most of the day on my "presentation" for tomorrow's interview with my high school. I came up with and outlined my marketing strategy for potential students. The last time I ever did an outline was probably high school. So I'm gonna print it up and see if I have a little binder thingie to put it in, and hopefully they'll say, "Wow, this guy has his shit together, let's hire him." :) I'll really be pissed if they just toss it aside or give it a cursory glance. I worked pretty hard brainstorming on it.

I'm actually excited about the prospects of this job. I hope it pays halfway decently, because I'd really like to work at my high school...especially if I can do other things, like moderate the newspaper or the yearbook or coach something or whatever. It would be cool. But we'll see. I don't want to get too excited about it, because then if I don't get it or it pays shit, I'll be crushed.

Luis is on his way here to watch the last two weeks of "24," which I saw but he missed. We're gonna grill up some chicken breasts and have a feast...well, a bachelors' feast, but a feast nonetheless. :) Both my softball teams are holding practices tonight, and I'm not going, because I had these plans already. Besides, I went to the batting cages already twice, so what more can I do? :) Tomorrow is Game One of the PFW softball team's season. We play the Vintage 50s, a team of 50-plus men with whom we split last season...and I think lost to in the playoffs, if I'm not mistaken. Should be fun.

I also just made out my birthday wish list, though I realized that really, I don't expect many, if any, people to buy me a present. :) But, if you do want to buy me something, I (or someone else) can forward you the tiny list.

I want to see "Envy." Don't anyone spoil it for me.

I have to pay my bills, send an RSVP for a cousin's wedding, and MOST IMPORTANTLY secure health insurance this week. I did none of that today. Ho hum.