Thursday, May 13, 2004

So I was bored, and I resisted playing video games until the last resort. And I started playing Civilization III, to kill time. I proceeded to go to bed at 4am, which is why I didn't want to start in the first place. Oh well.

I just learned something, that makes me all the more "pissed" at the guy upstairs. I was just on my deck, assessing the damage to my flowers (worse than I thought--it rained so hard that it actually washed a bunch of the soil out of the pot and exposed roots and whatnot), when I turned and saw the two dogs in the yard. It startled me because they hadn't made a sound, and they were minding their own business, paying no attention to me.

Now, I had an idea that these dogs are actually not antisocial dogs, at least as far as people go. I wouldn't test it, especially with the german shepherd, of course, but I had my reasons for believing they were good dogs. It's, as usual, the owner, who wasn't in the yard supervising the dogs, of course.

At any rate, I decided not to push my luck and went into the house. Then, I said, wait a minute, I have this trowel in my hand, and if they were to come after me, it's not like I'm not defenseless. But, I didn't think they'd come after me. So I went back out there, and that's when I learned what I learned.

The german shepherd is either really old or quite sick. And that's why there's been crap on the sidewalk. The poor thing walked around for at least five minutes half crouched over, straining to go. Does jackass know this? Of course not, because he's not out there. The poor dog. I HATE pet owners who have little clue as to what's going on with their dogs/cats/whatever. This only makes me hate this guy more. If I didn't seethe with anger every time I saw him, I might mention that, hey, you might get the shepherd checked out, since he wasn't doing too good. I may say something anyway...or drop a note in his mailbox or something. For the benefit of the dog. But we'll see...now that I think of it, maybe that's a shepherd thing to do, because my parents' shepherd does that and she's about six years old. Who knows?

Well, off to the Sox game. Hopefully it doesn't rain...we'll see.