Monday, May 10, 2004

Oh shoot me now...

ESPN.com headline: Shaq, Kobe get untracked to lead Lakers to win.

ARGH! What happens to a train if it "gets untracked"? It crashes to a halt, right? Right. So when did "untracked" somehow come to be a good thing? Sorry, editorial pet peeve of mine.

Mother's Day was good...nothing spectacular. Got to see Gina's family and my family, so that was good. On Saturday, Gina and I hung out with my cousin Will and his girlfriend Amanda and watched "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?" because he had not yet seen it (which is honestly strange, because he usually sees Cohen brothers flicks almost the minute they are released).

We also picked up Gina's new bike. Of course, it's been ready since a week ago today and they never called. I also realized that they didn't give her the warranty packet and the manual with the bike, so we need to get that, so she has a record of actually owning the bike other than the receipt.

Today I think I'll wander to Home Depot and pick up some hooks to hang up the two pots of plants that I have. That shouldn't cost too much, I'd hope. And, since it's such a nice day, maybe I'll go for a bike ride. We shall see...